Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday, November 27

Ok i know it is not my turn I'm just being safe so we get something for today.
In Mrs. Isbell's class today we finished up our chart.
There were some things I was totally stunned!!!
I never knew Nuclear power was so popular!!!It was #2!!!!! I also thought since we have sunshine pretty much 24 7 ALL 365 days of the year!!!But solar power and wind power are not popular. I can't believe it!!!!



- Okay that wraps up todays lesson-
(Your favorite teacher Couoco)

5 comments:

abbede said...

Those results really suprised me, too!! I thought that wind and solar energy are free so we should use them more!! Great post!

wisbell said...

I had the same thoughts. I figured fossil fuels would rank pretty high but was stunned to see wind and solar rank so low. I would be interested to know what year that data was collected and whether current data would show different results. Wonder where we could go to find current data? Anyone up for exploring and finding the answer? I am thinking the US Dept of Energy website might be a place to start.

denham said...

That really did surprise me too. I knew that fossil fuels were the number 1 use but I think we should use more of the wind and solar sources. Great post

wisbell said...

Why do you think we are not using more solar and wind for energy sources?

denham said...

Maybe because people enjoy using fossil fuels the most and will use solar and wind at the last minute when all of the nonrenewable resources are gone. That's not really true, but I assumed that. It's a good idea. The Sun's energy is sort of inexhaustible because the Sun has 4.5 billion years before it expands. Wind is just caused by pressure, so we should use these two resources.