Monday, November 26, 2007

Energy Sources pg.18

Today in science we talked about Energy Sources. We are now on page 18 in our science journals. We defined words in different types of energy that explains what the energy is. We copied down a chart that Ms. Isbell gave us to help us understand the different energy sources. This is a summary of the chart we did in class:

Energy Sources Used to Generate Electricity in the U.S.

Biomass-Uses wood, crops, or other organic material bio=life
Fossil Fuels-Uses coal, oil, and natural gas CON
Geothermal Heat-Uses thermal energy found inside the earth geo=Earth
Hydropower-Uses the energy of moving water-Hydro
Nuclear-Uses radioactive substances such as uranium
Solar-Uses energy directly from the Sun
Wind-Uses energy from moving air

There are three parts we have not finished in class: Your Rank, Pair Rank, and Actual Rank.

-Well that wraps up today's lesson-

5 comments:

wisbell said...

Thanks for the amazing summary. I think you will be surprised at the sources of energy we use in the US. Tomorrow awe will finish the chart and then look at the energy consumption at a middle school.

abbede said...

Wow! That was an amazing summary. It's like I was actually in class without being there (even though I was). Having it said by another student keeps me more focused. I don't know why though. But, great job!!

couoco said...

Amydan I gotta say I couldn't say anything else. I am impressed by your good actions for your first time!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!

couoco said...

AmyDan, I really liked how you put the little chart I totally forgot about Nuclear last night I looked on this sight for help on my Science homework!!!

denham said...

That was a good summary! I felt like I was in class that time I read this. Good job AmyDan.